About Personal Information Protection
Hitachi metals’s Approach to Personal Information Protection
Hitachi Metals , Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Hitachi Metals"), we deliver optimal solutions that embody customer needs. We handles various personal information including information provided by customers. With this in mind, Hitachi Metals has strived to establish and fully enforce an information management system in order to respect the value of the said information.
Considering such background, Hitachi Metals will attempt to create rules and establish a management system for the personal information protection in Hitachi Metals, as well as to set a personal information protection policy as below and spread it among board members and employees. Hitachi Metals will strive to protect personal information appropriately based on this policy.
Personal Information Protection Policy of Hitachi Metals
- 1． Collect, use and provide personal information
- While carefully considering the customer's information is entrusted to us in our company activities, Hitachi Metals will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following our rules for collecting, using or providing personal information.
- 2． Follow laws and norms
- When handling personal information, Hitachi Metals will follow the laws and other norms set for protection of the information concerned.
- 3． Implement safety measures
- To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, Hitachi Metals will implement various measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company and preventing incorrect access from outside the company, and strive to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, or other abuses of personal information.
- 4． Respect a person's rights regarding his or her personal information
- When a person makes a request to disclose, correct or delete his or her own personal information, seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, Hitachi Metals will respond with sincerity, respecting the person's rights related to that personal information.
- 5． Establish rules for managing personal information protection and make continual improvements
- Hitachi Metals will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will establish rules for personal information management to appropriately use and protect personal information and ensure that it is put in execution. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
Enacted January 21, 2005