High-Performance Pure Copper Wires
High performance pure copper HiFC™ is new generation pure copper with various advantages including almost same softening characteristic as high-purity 6N copper (approximately 99.9999%). HiFC™ can be produced by continuous casting and hot rolling and its special characteristic was achieved by adding trace amounts of titanium into copper.
We are proceeding research and development of HiFC™ as an electro-conductive material in wide range market fields, for example, power electric field, medical instrument field, and information & telecommunication field. And we are going to apply HiFC™ for advance practical products such as electric wires, cables, and wiring materials.
- ・Low-temperature softening characteristic such as high-purity copper (see Fig. 1)
- ・Superior elongation performance due to fine crystal grains formed by controllingmetallurgical structures (see Fig.2 and Fig.3)
- ・Both softness and long bending fatigue life time made possible by controlling metallurgical structure. (see Fig. 4)
- ・High conductivity (> 101% IACS)
- ・Excellent welding performance equal to oxygen-free copper wire
- ・High performance material produced by continuous casting and rolling
- Electric Wire & Cable Business Unit
- Contact Information