Material for SOFC
Solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) is a promising fuel cell with high efficiency operated at high temperatures in the range of about 650 to 900 degrees C.
■Good properties are required for the interconnector (separator) material of SOFC as follows;
- (1) good electrical conductivity at operating temperature,
- (2) good oxidation resistance at operating temperature for a long time,
- (3)coefficient of thermal expansion close to electrolyte material YSZ (zirconia ceramics).
■There are some problem for conventional heat-resistant alloys as follows;
- (1) 430SS does not have sufficient oxidation resistance,
- (2) austenitic alloys with good oxidation resistance have much higher thermal expansion than YSZ,
- (3) Al-containing ferritic alloys with better oxidation resistance than austenitic alloys have low electrical conductivity of oxide layer.
ZMG™232G10 is a Fe-24%Cr ferritic alloy with a small addition of special elements for SOFC interconnector which is alloy designed and developed to obtain these required properties and lower Cr evaporation at the same time.
Our Stock Delivery System : ZMG™232G10
We, Hitachi Metals , Ltd., as being your beneficial supplier, always keep ZMG™232G10 stock and Instant Delivery System mainly, for your “R&D”.
|Stock Products Dimension;|
Concerning the dimension of our stock inventory might be changed without prior notice. As to the reason, we do sincerely ask you to get in touch with us and confirm our stock inventory in each case base.
Promotional Sales for Fuel Cell Related Material
We can accept your material processing such as “Pressing, Etching, Mesh-shaping and Surface treatment”.
Sample 1 Pressing
Sample 2 Etching
Sample 3 Mesh-shaping
Products Catalogs (PDF file)
- Industrial, Aerospace & Energy Materials Business Unit
- Contact Information