SIALON CERAMICS FOR HANDLING
Sialon is a fine ceramic that has excellent high-temperature properties. Hitachi Metals makes use of these properties by using sialon in the manufacture of a variety of aluminum forging tools.
Sialon Parts for Handling Molten Aluminum
Thermocouple Protection Tube for Measurement of Aluminum Temperature
Figure 1: Sialon protection tube-single pieces
|Outer Diameter||Inner Diameter||Length|
Stalk for Low-Pressure Casting Machines
We offer a line-up of stalks and thermocouple protection tubes, as Sialon parts for lowpressure casting machines.
Also, we are attempting to create a good seal against air leakage by making use of a composite metal and Sialon structure so as to maintain the required die load and prevent breakage.
Outer diameter (mm) : Max 234 dia.
Length (mm) : Max 1,400
Figure 2: Stalk
Immersion Heater Tube for Holding Furnaces
Especially useful for disposition of Na fluxes. Applicable to such heat sources as gas burners and electric heaters.
Outer diameter (mm) : Max 300 dia.
Length (mm) : Max 1,600
Figure 3: Heater tube
Degassing Rotor for Molten Aluminum
Outer diameter (mm) : Max 240 dia
Length (mm) : Max 1,300
Figure 4: Degassing Rotor
Shot Sleeve for High-Pressure Diecasting Machines
- (1) Reduce Cold Flakes (“Cold Flakes”) :solidified aluminum defect pieces (scattered structure) formed in shot sleeve
- Superior heat-retention. “Possibility of no heating equipment“
- (2) Stable shots and longer life (Especially at High temperature ≧ 700℃ or 1290℉)
- Less deformation, High corrosion resistance, Erosion resistance and Wear resistance. “Possibility of no water cooling channel“
- (3) Energy saving
- Sialon’s superior heat-retention enables lower molten aluminum casting temperature.
Figure 5: Heat-retention
Figure 6: Shot Sleeve (Cut Model)
Sialon and Super Sialon
Hitachi Metals’ Sialon and Super Sialon are ideal for jigs and tools that come into direct contact with molten aluminum on the aluminum melting and casting line.
Hitachi Metals has developed this heat-resisting, highstrength ceramic material based on its long experience in processing metals, and has used it in molten aluminumhandling parts.
Features of Sialon and Super Sialon Parts for Handling Molten Aluminum
- (1) Little or no contamination of molten aluminum.
- (2) Little or no corrosion from molten aluminum.
- (3) Little or no adherence of molten aluminum.
- (4) High strength remaining intact within the temperature range of molten aluminum.
- (5) Two different thermal conductivity
Low thermal conductivity : Sialon is for higher heat retention required parts such as Stalk.
High thermal conductivity : Super Sialon is for higher heat transfer required parts such as Heater Tube
Characteristics of Sialon
|4 point Bending
Sialon and Super Sialon are used primarily for the production of parts that come into contact with molten aluminum.
The characteristics of Sialon are given below in comparison with those of structural ceramics.
Figure 7: High-temperature strength
Figure 8: Thermal shock resistance
The data in our report do not constitute any kind of warranty or guarantee.
- Tool Steel & Roll Business Unit
- Contact Information